Operator Design & Planning of GigE Fibre Optic Services
Design and planning of GigE Fibre Optic Services
With the current and expected growth of internet-based services there is an ever-increasing demand for bandwidth in the home and business premises that can only be provided by optical fibre.
Working with one of the leading alternative providers of wholesale full fibre network infrastructure, Merlin Wireless and Fibre Services have been undertaking feasibility, GigE design and planning for commercial and industrial premises.
From desk top assessment, detailed site surveys, extensive liaison with Local Highways, Residents Associations, Chamber of Commerce and the Local Community, Merlin Wireless & Fibre Services have carefully assessed and selected a civils and cabling route to enable GigE services to be provided. Detailed installation information has been collated to unable the works to proceed and includes, civils and cabling route design, cable schematics, civils and cable bill of quantities, Health and Safety risk assessments, special engineering difficulties and traffic management plans, H&S risk assessment/hazard sheet and a Bill of Quantities.
Numerous premises have now been installed and we continue to support our client throughout this significant customer demand growth period in the UK.
Client: Leading alternative service provider
Services covered: Feasibility, Design, Planning
Summary of key works:
- · Receive instruction from the client
- · Detailed feasibility to comply with budget constraints
- · Programme the surveys in line with SLA
- · Site attendance, technical evaluation, route design, Health and Safety risk assessments, wayleave and legal route assessment.
- · Detailed civils, cabling and wayleave installation pack and Health and Safety risk assessment.
- · Quality audit and submission of documentation to agreed customer SLA’s
Date: 2018 - ongoing